By Natalie Ho
I love starting my weekend brunch with a nice homemade meal. While I do enjoy going out to a lovely café, these wonderful healthy coconut pancake bites are the perfect way to start off your lazy Sunday!
- 2 eggs
- ½ coconut flour
- Drizzle of vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of baking soda
- ½ cup of milk of your choice
- 2 mashed banana
- Start by beating the eggs (pro tip – if you don’t have a beater or a whisk use a fork).
- Mix in the vanilla essence and then the milk.
- Once the wet ingredients are combined, stir in the mashed banana, ensuring there aren’t any lumps of banana in the mixture.
- Add in the salt and baking soda.
- Stir in the flour.
- On a medium to high heat nonstick pan, spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture. After 3-5 minutes, flip the pancakes (this depends on how hot the pan is).
- Repeat until the mixture is gone!
I usually top my coconut bites with Sarah Wilson’s ‘I Quit Sugar’ Rice Malt Syrup (it tastes just like maple syrup) and Mayver’s Peanut Coconut Spread. Feel free to decorate yours however you like!