We all know what it’s like on the first day of uni, those dreaded thoughts running through your head. As you stand in the long queue on Eddy Avenue wondering; Am I going to make any friends? Will people be nice? Did I dress okay? DO I HAVE TO WAIT IN THIS LINE EVERY DAY?!
Unfortunately I’m only here to help you with one question.
Here are the top 10 tips for what to wear to uni:
1. Thongs are only acceptable if you live on campus The less toes out on campus, the better it is for everyone. Alas, if you must have them out here are some great alternatives:
2. Smart casual is always appropriate You can never go wrong with this. No harm in looking cute and professional. Check below for some ideas:
3. Comfortable shoes are a necessity Have you seen the Basser steps?! Trust me, those wedges aren’t worth it. These guys get it:
4. There is no reason for a high heel Here are some great alternatives these guys pulled off and still looked just as classy:
5. If it fits your laptop and still look good, its perfect! Totes, backpacks and big handbags! That’s the stuff you want. Here are some great bags:
6. Denim never hurt nobody! I wear double more than it is social acceptable but don’t let shady eyes stop you from bring back the 90’s. These girls didn’t and rocked it:
7. UNSW PRIDE! Represent it and no one will tell you otherwise.. except USYD (but who cares what they think!). Here are my favourites you can grab on campus:
8. Keep it simple, Stupid! Nuff Said:
9. Street wear not Gym Gear These guys know the difference:
10. Accessories can make or break an outfit Add cute touches to your outfit like these girls: