Easily one of the most quotable, watched and re-watched movies of the last generation, Mean Girls has a number of important life lessons. Here are my top five.
- The best way to deal with haters is to always be ready with a good comeback. Eventually they’ll get the gist and leave you alone. Good comebacks are also great for fostering those completely honest, crazy-comfortable best-friend relationships.
- Some things go without saying. Now whilst society can come up with a lot of weird ideas about what you can and can’t do, there are definitely some that are legitimate. Exhibit A:
- Spending time with friends is oh-so-very important. Often taken for granted, these people are the ones that so lovingly call you ‘loser’, laugh at you when you fall flat on your face, but will beat the crap out of anyone else who dares do that to you.
- Everyone is good at something. Sure it can be slightly useless and 100% bogus, but who cares? It still is (or might be) pretty awesome.
- Be honest. The ones that care about you will always hear the good intentions instead of the insult, and sometimes they just really need to hear the truth
And just because:
By Samantha Clemente